The FieldBarrier with 8, 10, or 12 outputs offers several diagnostics and protection functions. It protects fieldbus operations in multiple ways and reduces risks to a minimum.
Protection of fieldbus communication from:
- Contact bounce from vibrations and live work on devices
- Jabber: a communication fault caused by a device fault
- Supports operation of the enclosure leakage sensor and the surge protector with self-diagnostics
- Monitors critical internal components
- Holds critical components in redundant configuration
Advanced physical layer diagnostics at each spur provide optimum monitoring of fieldbus communication. A change in the installation is easily detected, e.g., through a change in noise. Installation teams can fix the issue before availability is at risk.
The FieldBarrier transmits status via LEDs at the FieldBarrier locally or via the Advanced Diagnostic Module in the control room. This enables proactive plant upkeep.