The ultrasonic sensor produces a data carrier utilizing very high frequencies that are outside the human’s audible range. The time it takes for that ultrasonic wave to pass between the sensor and the object is the value for the distance or the position.
Ultrasonic sensors have proven their reliability and precision in many industries and applications, including:
- lumber and furniture
- construction materials and equipment
- farming equipment
- level control applications
Pepperl+Fuchs’ ultrasonic sensors currently encompass twelve series of mechanical designs for through-beam, direct detection and retro-reflective operation. Customer and application specific custom solutions underscore our technological competence in this area of sensors.
Product features of ultrasonic sensors:
- Devices with TEACH-IN functionality for fast and simple installation
- ULTRA 3000 software for improved adaptation of sensors to applications
- Adjustable sensitivity to the sound beam width for optimized adjustment of the sensor characteristics according to the application
- Temperature compensation - compensates for sound velocity due to varying air temperatures
- Synchronization input to prevent cross-talk interference when sensors are mounted within close proximity of each other
- Sensors with digital and/ or analog outputs