Data matrix codes, which pack a tremendous amount of digital information in a postage stamp-sized footprint, can be found in seemingly endless commercial and consumer areas. But their full potential in industrial automation applications is only now being tapped. By integrating this powerful technology into traditional AGV control, material handling is elevated to an entirely new level.
The Pepperl+Fuchs PGV is the world’s first data matrix-based positioning tracking and control system. Using an advanced industrial 2D camera, the PGV not only guides a carrier along its coded or colored path, it also offers an integral identification solution to initiate starts, stops, and turns and an absolute encoding system capable of positioning the carrier with sub-millimeter precision.
The system features excellent immunity to dirt, scuffing, and ambient light interference ensuring maximum uptime and system availability.
- Reliably detects different colored route-tracking tape/paint and Data Matrix codes even on highly reflective surfaces
- Excellent extraneous light immunity, > 100,000 lux, eliminates additional contrast tape
- Wide scan window coupled with the 2-D Data Matrix technology provides seamless navigation over damaged or dirty tape
- Compact housing fits in the smallest AGVs
- Easy mounting and installation with plug-and-play connectivity
- Compatible with most industrial protocols