LB remote I/O stations are mounted in hazardous areas Zone 2 or Class I, Div. 2 or Zone 22 or in the safe area. They form a modular signal conditioning system to interface signals from the field with a control system in the safe area. LB Remote I/O connects your conventional sensors and actuators to your DCS using a single standardized fieldbus connection (PROFIBUS, Modbus and others).
There is a wide spectrum of single and multi-channel I/O modules available offering intrinsically safe and safe area field connections. This ensures that engineering is easy and adaptable to the needs of your plant concept.
- I/O modules for Ex i (intrinsic safety) and safe area field connections
- I/O modules can be mounted on the backplane in any order
- 1 - 8 channel I/O modules
- Standard busses (PROFIBUS, Modbus, Ethernet …)
- Configuration can be accomplished via the bus
- HART communication available
- Optional redundancy for bus and power supply
- Supports the FDT concept
- Bus independent SIL 2 shut down outputs available
- FATs and GAMP4 FATs optional